From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eudev/udev changeover: a warning to Linode customers
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 19:44:45
1 On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 20:28, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > I suspect they would have had similar issues with other distros, but
3 > that would have been years ago when udev made the change and eudev
4 > decided not to merge it. That dates to around the time eudev started.
5
6 I have been running eudev for as long as it has existed, and have also
7 been using the predictable interface names more or less since they
8 were introduced. The eudev ebuild also shows a message about this
9 every single time you emerge it (with ewarn messages in pkg_pretend).
10 This was apparently available in eudev within a month of the change in
11 systemd. No one should be surprised by this.
12
13 Cheers,
14 Arve