From: Marco Rebhan <me@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eudev/udev changeover: a warning to Linode customers
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 22:42:58
1 On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 20:44:48 CET Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > I have been running eudev for as long as it has existed, and have also
3 > been using the predictable interface names more or less since they
4 > were introduced. The eudev ebuild also shows a message about this
5 > every single time you emerge it (with ewarn messages in pkg_pretend).
6 > This was apparently available in eudev within a month of the change
7 > in systemd. No one should be surprised by this.
8
9 Yeah, I was wondering why people were hitting this problem, the
10 predictable interface names have been in eudev as well for a
11 considerable while. I had them disabled with the same net.ifnames=0 that
12 others are mentioning now to get the old names (mainly since they're
13 just easier to remember). I was maybe thinking that there could be a
14 configuration option for it that didn't get changed on existing installs
15 when this was initially introduced in eudev, which would have explained
16 it since my installs aren't that old. But if it automatically used the
17 new names for you then I have no idea either. Nothing should have
18 changed in this regard with this update as far as I can tell...
19
20 -Marco