From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Changing glibc
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 07:23:23
1 No other diff program comes even close to BC in terms of diff output
2 quality and merge capability. I am willing to go through much more hoops
3 than this just to be able to use this under linux.
4
5 And also, to avoid any misrepresentation, their support in determining
6 the cause of the issue was very good.
7
8 The problem seems to be that their linux build is using an older gcc
9 version. This was causing an ABI related crash in the strstr function,
10 which was using SSE instructions.
11
12 So at some point, they will probably switch to a newer compiler and the
13 problem will go away. But if I mail their support, it would take many
14 messages until we come to the same page (the previous developer getting
15 copied on it, he remembers the issue etc etc). It is much faster to just
16 try it :)
19 Timur