From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Changing glibc
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 02:38:31
1 2014-08-18 19:03 GMT-03:00 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On 18/08/2014 23:17, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > > On 2014-08-18, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 > >> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
6 > wrote:
7 > >>>
8 > >>> In cases like that I would do either of the following:
9 > >>>
10 > >>> 1) Run it inside a VM
11 > >>> 2) run it inside a chroot
12 > >>>
13 > >>> That way you can easily keep everything updated except for that
14 > >>> application.
15 > >>
16 > >> Or better still run it inside a container.
17 > >
18 > > Or better still, demand either a less broken app or one that's
19 > > statically linked.
22 > That was my thought too. The app is a visual differ. It's not rocket
23 > science, so what business does it have needing a custom glibc?
24 >
25 > My spidey-sense is tingling, I'm wondering what other weirdnesses such
26 > an app might have under the covers
29 > --
30 > Alan McKinnon
31 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
36 Just m 2 cents: Have you tried kdiff3 ?
37
38 Good luck and best regards,
39 Francisco