From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] How to be a penguin.
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 12:18:32
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 May 2016 20:48:37 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Furthermore, the current portage doesn't require the revdep-rebuild
5 >>> step because
6 >>> of the @preserved-rebuild set creation.
7 >> I beg to differ, portage still misses stuff more often than you think. I
8 >> always run revdep-rebuild after an emerge.
9 > I have a weekly system health check cron job that includes revdep-rebuild
10 > -pi (hint to Alan: that's the correct way to have revdep-rebuild ignore
11 > the results of previous runs). It rarely finds anything. There's still
12 > the occasional glitch with preserved-libs, but I fons it works
13 > ninety-lots % of the time, and it is far better than the "let it break
14 > then try to fix it approach" of the days we needed to rely on
15 > revdep-rebuild.
16
17 I respectfully disagree, my migraine quotient was much lower under that
18 approach than with what's going on now. =|
21 IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
22
23 Powers are not rights.