From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:04:08
1 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 02:38:17PM +0200, enno+gentoo@××××××××××××××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > As I'm not affected I don't know about any issues for the visually impaired.
6 Sadly, a lot of people (including developers) seem to think that people
7 either see or are blind and that's it. I see plenty well enough for most
8 things that need doing (the state of GA even says I can drive, but then
9 if you've ever been here you know they say that to anyone who pays the
10 fee for a DL and doesn't have a seeing eye dog or white cane).
11
12 The font thing is one of the main reasons I prefer so many CLI programs.
13 I can configure my terminals and emulators *once* and most everything I
14 need is usable. A lot of the gtk, qt, fltk, etc interfaces are
15 absolutely horrible for people who need large text, and it isn't
16 uncommon for the boxes text has to fit in to be coded to max-out to
17 a size which is insufficient.
20 klaatu virada nicto