From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server mouse and keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:10:16
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Keith Dart<keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:03:36 -0700
3 > "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I had tried holding back on xorg-server 1.5, but somewhere in May at
6 >> least one package got past my version limits and X broke.  Rather than
7 >> to try to revert, I thought surely by now, X would be fixed.  Sigh.
8 >
9 > Set the "hal" use flag and emerge x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev. See if
10 > that helps you.
11
12 Just the opposite. "hal" has been in effect for a while here. My
13 newest attempt was to "-hal" on xorg-server, and BEOHOLD! there's a
14 working X and KDE. "hal" remains in effect on everything else and
15 hald is in the default runlevel (not boot).
16
17 ++kevin
20 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD