From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server mouse and keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:19:22
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Keith Dart<keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:03:36 -0700
5 >> "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>> I had tried holding back on xorg-server 1.5, but somewhere in May at
9 >>> least one package got past my version limits and X broke. Rather than
10 >>> to try to revert, I thought surely by now, X would be fixed. Sigh.
11 >>>
12 >> Set the "hal" use flag and emerge x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev. See if
13 >> that helps you.
16 > Just the opposite. "hal" has been in effect for a while here. My
17 > newest attempt was to "-hal" on xorg-server, and BEOHOLD! there's a
18 > working X and KDE. "hal" remains in effect on everything else and
19 > hald is in the default runlevel (not boot).
20 >
21 > ++kevin
25 Same thing here. I just tried again to get hal, evdev and all his
26 "drive me crazy" friends to work, it doesn't. It appears to me that hal
27 will be disabled in package.use for xorg-server FOREVER. I'm sick of
28 messing with evdev. I'm waiting on something better to come along. I
29 bet someone does come up with something better too. This has been a
30 PITA since it came out.
31
32 I'm sticking with what works, xorg,conf and no evdev. It has worked for
33 years and it still does.
34
35 Dale
36