From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server mouse and keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:22:47
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Same thing here. I just tried again to get hal, evdev and all his
3 > "drive me crazy" friends to work, it doesn't. It appears to me that hal
4 > will be disabled in package.use for xorg-server FOREVER. I'm sick of
5 > messing with evdev. I'm waiting on something better to come along. I
6 > bet someone does come up with something better too. This has been a
7 > PITA since it came out.
8
9 Well you'll be happy to know HAL is being deprecated in favor if
10 DeviceKit, so you may have yet something else new to try in the
11 future... you can begin preparing by reading this description:
12
13 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2008-May/011560.html
14
15 :)