From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] issue on binary merge
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 01:12:50
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2 > There is no meta-info AFAIK in a binary .tar.gz, so portage does NOT
3 > know what CFLAGS, or USE flags it is built with.
4 >
5 > Go ahead, use quickpkg to make a binary tarball of any package on your
6 > system, then look tat the tarball. There is nothing to indicate USE or
7 > CFLAGS.
8 >
9 > If you want to install binaries you have to know yourself what options
10 > were used in the compile.
13 The metadata is appended to the end of the tbz2 file. I guess you didn't see my email earlier today which included a script that extracts the use flags.
14
15 http://marc.10east.com/?l=gentoo-user&m=112613409500463&w=2
16
17 Zac