From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] issue on binary merge
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:23:16
1 There is no meta-info AFAIK in a binary .tar.gz, so portage does NOT
2 know what CFLAGS, or USE flags it is built with.
3
4 Go ahead, use quickpkg to make a binary tarball of any package on your
5 system, then look tat the tarball. There is nothing to indicate USE or
6 CFLAGS.
7
8 If you want to install binaries you have to know yourself what options
9 were used in the compile.
12 On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:08:13 +0100