From: Nangus Garba <code.affe.dev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating a restricted user
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:30:04
1 oh be really really really careful with this you can take away peoples
2 access to libraries and executables and generally bork your system so be
3 supper careful.
4 nangus
5
6 On Dec 11, 2007 10:19 PM, Nangus Garba <code.affe.dev@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > if you want to make it so that a user can not look at a directory such as
9 > /var you can use a command such as:
10 > chmod o-x /var
11 >
12 > basically that takes away execute privileges for other. Basically what
13 > happens when you run the ls command it executes the directory. You can do
14 > that for each directory that you do not want anyone but the owner or root to
15 > be able to look at.
16 > Read the man page of chmod for a better explanation.