From: Nangus Garba <code.affe.dev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating a restricted user
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:26:46
1 if you want to make it so that a user can not look at a directory such as
2 /var you can use a command such as:
3 chmod o-x /var
4
5 basically that takes away execute privileges for other. Basically what
6 happens when you run the ls command it executes the directory. You can do
7 that for each directory that you do not want anyone but the owner or root to
8 be able to look at.
9 Read the man page of chmod for a better explanation.
10