From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sed/awk question
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:33:30
1 On 22 November 2011 10:45, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
2
3 > The 22/11/11, Joerg Schilling wrote:
4 >
5 > > You seem to miss the fact that you are using gsed instead of sed.
6 > >
7 > > using -r makes scripts non-portable.
8 >
9 > You seem to miss the fact that the OP didn't asked for a portable script
10 > and didn't even talked about any system specification.
11 >
12 > So, it's _welcome_ to suppose he's using the most available implementation
13 > of sed on Linux distribution which is GNU sed.
16 A: You are not using the original release of sed from 1973!!
17 B: I'm using sed-justforme, with the --magic option.
18
19 I'm pretty sure that on a linux mailing list, that the chances that he's
20 asking for a GNU-sed compatible regex are pretty strong.
21
22 Can't we all just get along? :)