From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sed/awk question
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:50:35
1 On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 19:26, James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 22 November 2011 10:45, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> The 22/11/11, Joerg Schilling wrote:
5 >>
6 >> > You seem to miss the fact that you are using gsed instead of sed.
7 >> >
8 >> > using -r makes scripts non-portable.
9 >>
10 >> You seem to miss the fact that the OP didn't asked for a portable script
11 >> and didn't even talked about any system specification.
12 >>
13 >> So, it's _welcome_ to suppose he's using the most available implementation
14 >> of sed on Linux distribution which is GNU sed.
15 >
16 > A: You are not using the original release of sed from 1973!!
17 > B: I'm using sed-justforme, with the --magic option.
18 > I'm pretty sure that on a linux mailing list, that the chances that he's
19 > asking for a GNU-sed compatible regex are pretty strong.
20
21 In addition, this is the [gentoo-user] mailing list, so it should be
22 expected that a sed question will be answered based on the
23 sys-apps/sed as provided by Gentoo's portage.
24
25 If OP needs a portable (i.e., POSIX-compatible) sed, I'm sure he'll
26 explicitly ask :-)
27
28 > Can't we all just get along? :)
29
30 Kewl! Let's we all get together for a couple pints of beer sometime :D
31
32 ( OT: Any such thing as a GentooCon ? )
33
34 Rgds,
35 --
36 FdS Pandu E Poluan