From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild log suggests to remove old libraries
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:08:21
1 On 05/21/2012 09:50 PM, Thanasis wrote:
2 > on 05/21/2012 09:52 PM Markos Chandras wrote the following:
5 >> I believe the old library appears to be owned by the new version
6 >> because it is "preserved". Once you run the revdep-rebuild
7 >> command, everything should link to the new linker name and you
8 >> should be safe to remove the old library. See the functions
9 >> preserve_old_lib{_notify} in eutils eclass for more details and
10 >> the "preserve-libs" option for the FEATURES variable in
11 >> make.conf.
15 > I don't see any "preserve-libs" option in the man page of
16 > make.conf. Anyway, the bottom line is that equery may list an
17 > installed package as owning a certain library file, when in reality
18 > that file belonged to an older version of the package than the one
19 > installed, in which case it may be or appear misleading.
20 >
21 Yes sorry this "preserve-libs" feature is part of portage-2.2. In any
22 case, a revdep-rebuild will fix your problem.
25 Regards,
26 Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2