From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild log suggests to remove old libraries
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:51:56
1 on 05/21/2012 09:52 PM Markos Chandras wrote the following:
4 > I believe the old library appears to be owned by the new version
5 > because it is "preserved". Once you run the revdep-rebuild command,
6 > everything should link to the new linker name and you should be safe
7 > to remove the old library. See the functions preserve_old_lib{_notify}
8 > in eutils eclass for more details and the "preserve-libs" option for
9 > the FEATURES variable in make.conf.
13 I don't see any "preserve-libs" option in the man page of make.conf.
14 Anyway, the bottom line is that equery may list an installed package as
15 owning a certain library file, when in reality that file belonged to an
16 older version of the package than the one installed, in which case it
17 may be or appear misleading.