From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo router for multiple ISPs?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:18:50
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > I need to get a second ISP line into the house. I currently have a
4 > cable modem but it goes down once in a while and my work requires
5 > higher reliability so I was thinking of getting a DSL line to
6 > supplement it. I'd like to investigate creating some sort of
7 > firewall/router that could do the following:
8
9 BGP4 is the way to be truely multi-homed, but that not likely
10 to be an option. SCTP promises looks promising for the future,
11 but it is implemented at the service/application level.
14 I will be interested to see what others suggest for
15 low-budget multi homing....or some subset thereof.
16
17 I'm glad you posted this question, as my situation is slightly
18 different (single static IP currently) on a cable modem, but
19 my needs are similar to yours.
22 James
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list