From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] handbrake fails to compile
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 12:10:37
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: tuxic@××××××.de <tuxic@××××××.de>
3 > Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:16 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] handbrake fails to compile
6 >
7 > On 05/24 11:54, Neil Bothwick wrote:
8 > > On Sun, 24 May 2020 12:44:20 +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > media-video/handbrake-1.3.2:0/0::gentoo fails to compile (I am on
11 > > > "unstable").
12 > > >
13 > > > Searching online I found, that running perl-cleaner would fix that
14 > > > problem which I done:
15 > > >
16 > > > perl-cleaner --all
17 > > >
18 > > > - but without success.
19 > > >
20 > > > Message was:
21 > > >
22 > > > * ERROR: media-video/handbrake-1.3.2::gentoo failed (compile phase):
23 > > > * emake failed
24 > > >
25 > > > I attached the build.log. If any further information are added I
26 > > > will be happy to post them.
27 > > >
28 > > > How can I fix that?
29 > >
30 > > Try the patch in https://bugs.gentoo.org/724650
31 > >
32 > > mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/media-video/handbrake-1.3.2
33 > >
34 > > and drop the patch into that directory.
37 > > --
38 > > Neil Bothwick
39 > >
40 > > If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
41 >
42 > Hi Neil,
43 >
44 > that works! Thanks a lot.
45 >
46 > A more general question: It is not the first time I searched for fixes for
47 > compilation failures I came accross and I never got a link into the gentoo bug
48 > tracker. As search terms I used "handbrake gentoo compile failure".
49 >
50 > Is the bug tracker secured somehow against search machine robots somehow or
51 > via robots.txt or is it me using a foreign language wrongly?
52
53 Instead, you may want to search for anything relevant on the Bugzilla, forums, and mailing list archives *first* :)
56 > Cheers!
57 > Meino
63 Regards,
64 --
65 Pengcheng Xu
66 https://jsteward.moe

openpgp-digital-signature.asc application/pgp-signature