From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] handbrake fails to compile
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 11:15:45
1 On 05/24 11:54, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 24 May 2020 12:44:20 +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > media-video/handbrake-1.3.2:0/0::gentoo fails to compile (I am on
5 > > "unstable").
6 > >
7 > > Searching online I found, that running perl-cleaner would fix that
8 > > problem which I done:
9 > >
10 > > perl-cleaner --all
11 > >
12 > > - but without success.
13 > >
14 > > Message was:
15 > >
16 > > * ERROR: media-video/handbrake-1.3.2::gentoo failed (compile phase):
17 > > * emake failed
18 > >
19 > > I attached the build.log. If any further information are added I will
20 > > be happy to post them.
21 > >
22 > > How can I fix that?
23 >
24 > Try the patch in https://bugs.gentoo.org/724650
25 >
26 > mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/media-video/handbrake-1.3.2
27 >
28 > and drop the patch into that directory.
31 > --
32 > Neil Bothwick
33 >
34 > If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
35
36 Hi Neil,
37
38 that works! Thanks a lot.
39
40 A more general question: It is not the first time I searched for
41 fixes for compilation failures I came accross and I never got a
42 link into the gentoo bug tracker. As search terms I used
43 "handbrake gentoo compile failure".
44
45 Is the bug tracker secured somehow against search machine robots
46 somehow or via robots.txt or is it me using a foreign language
47 wrongly?
48
49 Cheers!
50 Meino