From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] purchasing a dell laptop
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 17:50:26
1 On Tue, Jun 23 2015, Christopher Jones wrote:
2
3 > Sent from my iPhone
4 >
5 > Regarding the touch screens/tablets, Gentoo has drivers for them. I've
6 > been using Gentoo on my tablet PC for years now. However there's no
7 > swipe capability. I've read someone who did it but that was just one
8 > person and couldn't figure out how he did it. I think they used KDE's
9 > Plasma.
10
11 Thanks. I use gnome and would make little use of the touch screen
12 capability if it were available. As a result I decided against it for
13 this purchase since it appears the admin overhead would exceed the very
14 modest use I would make of it. Hopefully in 3 years, when I buy my next
15 laptop it will be well supported and "just works" in gnome.
16
17 thanks again,
18 allan