From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing EFI partition, btrfs context
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 08:05:55
1 On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:52:18 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > > If you want to keep the system live, replace will do the trick, but
4 > > when I tried it to replace a drive that was showing SMART errors it
5 > > was VERY slow. btrfs send serialises your whole filesystem to a
6 > > file so it should be much faster.
7 >
8 > btrfs send would also have the benefit that I won't lose the
9 > source-dev in the process. btrfs-replace would "empty" my hdd, if then
10 > things fail I don't have that backup again to start from.
11
12 Good point.
13
14 > I just have to find out how to keep the UUID to keep the copy booting
15 > etc
16
17 Just run bootctl/gummiboot install after repartitioning to pick up the
18 new UUID.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Das Internet is nicht fuer gefingerclicken und giffengrabben. Ist easy
25 droppenpacket der routers und overloaden der backbone mit der spammen
26 und der me-tooen. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das
27 mausklicken sichtseeren keepen das bandwit-spewin hans in das pockets
28 muss; relaxen und watchen das cursorblinken.