From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing EFI partition, btrfs context
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 07:52:38
1 Am 2015-10-06 um 09:45 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:35:40 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >
4 >>> How about btrfs send/receive? I've never used them but used
5 >>> the equivalent with ZFS and it was simple to do.
6 >>
7 >> I think "btrfs-replace" is my friend. Will try that later.
8 >
9 > If you want to keep the system live, replace will do the trick, but
10 > when I tried it to replace a drive that was showing SMART errors it
11 > was VERY slow. btrfs send serialises your whole filesystem to a
12 > file so it should be much faster.
13
14 btrfs send would also have the benefit that I won't lose the
15 source-dev in the process. btrfs-replace would "empty" my hdd, if then
16 things fail I don't have that backup again to start from.
17
18 I just have to find out how to keep the UUID to keep the copy booting etc
19
20 I will try that later this day, after some job work.