From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Corrupt files or ntfs-3g fs?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:15:37
1 On 11 Apr 2009, at 09:37, Mick wrote:
2 > ... I cannot afford to lose the
3 > remaining data on the disk and I do not have another disk as large
4 > to back up
5 > first.
6
7 You're completely stuffed, then. There's nothing you can safely do
8 except leave these dodgy files intact.
9
10 >> Is there an application I could use to remove them and free the
11 >> space on the disk, or should I run chkdisk or fsck first?
12 >
13 > I think that you have to boot into windows and try to run chkdsk to
14 > repair
15 > the filesystem.
16
17 What he said.
18
19 I believe the risk to the remaining data is low, but I believe it is
20 present. chkdsk has no more warranty than any other software.
21
22 Stroller.