From: Arran Fraser <afraser@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with USB memory
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:58:24
1 > Since it no longer works with the old config either, it is possible the
2 > device has failed and it happening when you changed kernels was one of
3 > those 'coincidences' that prove the existence of Finagle.
4
5 That is exactly what I thought too when reverting didn't work. But, the
6 device does work fine in another computer.
7
8 To me, that implies that it may have been another package I upgraded
9 (udev?) that is causing the change... but unfortunately I don't remember
10 exactly what programs were on the list of updates.
11
12 At this point, I've messed around with everything I know about... so I
13 may need to just start from scratch. I found a HowTo[1] but of course
14 it doesn't mention what to do if sda doesn't show up.
18 Arran
21 [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_USB_Mass_Storage_Device
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list