From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote rsync
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:22:46
1 On Sunday 12 Mar 2006 13:30, Tito Valentin wrote:
2 > Does the machine belong to you? If so check if sshd is running like "ps
3 > -eaf | grep ssh" If not, you may need to check with the Admin of the
4 > machine. Also, your ip might be listed in the /etc/hosts.deny files to
5 > reject any unrecognized ip's. You might need to be added to the
6 > hosts.allow.
7 snip>
8 I should have said before . The machine is not a machine as such it is a
9 Network Storage Link for USB 2.0 disk drives. The disks are formatted ext3
10 and windows identifies the unit as a windows NT 4.9 server !!!
11
12 All I want to do is copy files from my gentoo box to the usb disk via the
13 network.
14
15 I have tried mounting the disks using cifs but this produced alot of errors,
16 I feel that a direct connection command would be best.
17 In KDE I can copy files using Konqueror to lan://pc2/ which shows my
18 device.homenet.com. If I then click on the device I get 3 icons NFS SMB HTTP
19 If I click on SMB the location changes to smb://device.homenet.com and I can
20 copy any files I want - even links seem to work
21
22 I'm sure there must be a simple answer to this
23
24 Paul
25
26 > >>Paul Stear wrote:
27 > >>>Hi all,
28 > >>>I am trying to rsync to a remote server with the command:
29 > >>>rsync -Cav --delete --progress /test lkd5f:/test
30 > >>>but I get the following error messages:
31 > >>>ssh: connect to host lkd5f port 22: Connection refused
32 > >>>rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
33 > >>>rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(434)
34 > >>>
35 > >>>2 questions
36 > >>>1. Should this command work?
37 > >>>2. How do I prevent port 22 from refusing the connection?
38 > >>>
39 > >>>I am a complete dunce with anything to do with remote machines so any
40 > >>> help will be greatly received
41 > >>>
42 > >>>Paul
45 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list