From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] layman: could not connect to server
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:35:56
1 On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:53:00 +0100
2 Nicolai Beuermann <Nicolai.Beuermann@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Polipo is running but there's nothing changing when it's stopped.
5 > I'm on a NATted LAN behind a router without any firewall running on this host.
6
7 So far (in this thread) I've seen svn fail when it's started by layman,
8 prehaps you should try starting it directly, like this:
9
10 cd /tmp && \
11 svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/vmware/trunk vmware_overlay
12
13 If it fails as well (I guess it should) and wget of the same http
14 address works, it certainly must be a bug in svn.
15
16 'strace -f svn co ...' might help to see which particular operation
17 fails - might be it's not http access, but something totally unrelated,
18 like forking a child 'getter' process due to some limit.
19
20 You might also consider simply downgrading / updating svn, since no
21 matter what kind of bug there is, it might not manifest itself in other
22 versions.
25 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net