From: "S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu)" <smibrahim@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 -> ~amd64
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:39:04
1 On 9/21/06, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thursday 21 September 2006 18:40, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu)
4 > wrote:
5 > > ok
6 > > is this necessary to "emerge --sync" after changing the
7 > > accept keywords ?
8 >
9 > I'm starting to think I should advise you to NOT go ~arch as you
10 > have now asked three very basic questions that are fully
11 > described in the handbook. It is crucial that yuou already know
12 > the answers to these questions before doing it, as you can and
13 > will run into breakage on your system almost every time you
14 > sync and update (the whole point of ~arch is so that
15 > experienced users can find and report such bugs). And there is
16 > no easy way to revert back to the stable arch other than
17 > restore an old backup.
18 >
19 > Are you still sure you want to go ~arch, and can you cope with
20 > the results?
23 thanks, for ur comments, i am also thinking not to to move right now. i am
24 learning gentoo :)
25
26 alan
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
34 S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu)
35 Home page: http://lavluda.tripod.com
36 Blog: http://lavluda.tk
37 Yahoo!! ID: lavluda MSN ID: lavluda Skype : lavluda