From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 -> ~amd64
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:11:49
1 On Thursday 21 September 2006 18:40, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu)
2 wrote:
3 > ok
4 > is this necessary to "emerge --sync" after changing the
5 > accept keywords ?
6
7 I'm starting to think I should advise you to NOT go ~arch as you
8 have now asked three very basic questions that are fully
9 described in the handbook. It is crucial that yuou already know
10 the answers to these questions before doing it, as you can and
11 will run into breakage on your system almost every time you
12 sync and update (the whole point of ~arch is so that
13 experienced users can find and report such bugs). And there is
14 no easy way to revert back to the stable arch other than
15 restore an old backup.
16
17 Are you still sure you want to go ~arch, and can you cope with
18 the results?
19
20 alan
21 --