From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fetch restriction bypass
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 22:30:29
1 On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:15:49 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > I was thinking 'skip the fetch restriction check', but if the ebuild
4 > doesn't have the file path to retrieve, that's almost moot. It's
5 > _plausible_ one could calculate the path from the version of the
6 > package being emerged, though, so I suppose it's automateable.
7
8 Assuming there even is a path on a publicly accessible ftp or http server
9 and not a file in a location that can only be accessed by PHP or whatever
10 code running on the server that runs after you sign over your soul.
11
12 I'm not sure what the big deal is, so portasge skips emerging one package
13 because it can't download the distfile. So what? The previous version
14 worked OK the day before and won't suddenly break because an update is
15 available. Just download and upgrade when you have the time, casting the
16 appropriate curses for those that set the licence.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?