From: Ralph Seichter <ralph@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo for a virtual server in the cloud?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 19:52:25
1 * Raphael Mejias Dias:
2
3 > I've read this question and now I'm curious about how much it would
4 > cost to compile a Gentoo system into cloud. Anyone know this?
5
6 The cheapest Gentoo VMs of mine are based on Hetzner's CX11 [1] which
7 cost 3,49 EUR per month (plus VAT, but no setup fees). Gentoo can be
8 installed by booting Hetzner's custom "rescue image" Linux which comes
9 will full network support, which is all that is required.
10
11 [1] https://www.hetzner.com/cloud?country=ot
12
13 Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Hetzner beyond having used their
14 services for more than 15 years.
15
16 -Ralph