From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: printing lots of file.doc files
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:37:49
1 On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:44:05 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > Kind of a strange request, but I have been given a work assignment
7 > that forces me to keep many documents in .doc format. If I have a dir
8 > full of these, but I use to lp/lpr style printing, how do I print a
9 > passel of .doc files without going into OO to load and print each one
10 > individually?
11 >
12 > Command line of a simple script will do, but googling has produced
13 > nothing. I did not find anything under KDE to acheive this, but, my
14 > searching for a KDE method is, well lacking....
15 >
16 > ideas?
17
18 app-text/wv might be usable -- it can convert docs to PDF or
19 postscript. If the quality isn't that great (I've never tried it) or
20 the documents are quite complex, I think you're going to have to find a
21 way to do it from within OpenOffice.
24 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
25 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
26 Gentoo Linux