From: David Morgan <david.morgan@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: printing lots of file.doc files
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:44:58
1 On 21:31 Wed 04 Jan , Tom Martin wrote:
2 > On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:44:05 +0000 (UTC)
3 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hello,
6 > >
7 > > Kind of a strange request, but I have been given a work assignment
8 > > that forces me to keep many documents in .doc format. If I have a dir
9 > > full of these, but I use to lp/lpr style printing, how do I print a
10 > > passel of .doc files without going into OO to load and print each one
11 > > individually?
12 > >
13 > > Command line of a simple script will do, but googling has produced
14 > > nothing. I did not find anything under KDE to acheive this, but, my
15 > > searching for a KDE method is, well lacking....
16 > >
17 > > ideas?
18 >
19 > app-text/wv might be usable -- it can convert docs to PDF or
20 > postscript. If the quality isn't that great (I've never tried it) or
21 > the documents are quite complex, I think you're going to have to find a
22 > way to do it from within OpenOffice.
25 Other options would be antiword and catdoc.
26
27 You'll probably be able to get something readable as long as the .doc
28 files don't contain tables...
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list