From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to clean up /usr/portage/distfiles?
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:09:45
1 Am Dienstag, 1. September 2009 schrieb Xi Shen:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > as you emerge, the /usr/portage/distfiles get stuffed with old
5 > packaged. even through it is safe to delete them all, and d/l again
6 > when needed, but i just want to remove only the old version. is there
7 > any way, or any tool to help with this task?
8
9 Whenever I do some updates, afterwards I go into my distfiles folder with
10 krusader, sort by date and select the newly added files.
11 Then I sort by name again and scroll through the list. Because the new ones
12 are marked, I can find them easily and see whether there are old versions of
13 them right next to them. If so, I select the old version. Then I deselect the
14 old version. And when I'm through the list, I can delete everything that is
15 still selected.
16
17 This is more thorough than eclean, which by far doesn't find everything.
18 --
19 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
20 *** Quits: TITANIC (Excess Flood)