From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to clean up /usr/portage/distfiles?
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 19:56:38
1 thanks you all. will try the eclean out ;)
4 On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Frank Steinmetzger<Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
5 > Am Dienstag, 1. September 2009 schrieb Xi Shen:
6 >> Hi,
7 >>
8 >> as you emerge, the /usr/portage/distfiles get stuffed with old
9 >> packaged. even through it is safe to delete them all, and d/l again
10 >> when needed, but i just want to remove only the old version. is there
11 >> any way, or any tool to help with this task?
12 >
13 > Whenever I do some updates, afterwards I go into my distfiles folder with
14 > krusader, sort by date and select the newly added files.
15 > Then I sort by name again and scroll through the list. Because the new ones
16 > are marked, I can find them easily and see whether there are old versions of
17 > them right next to them. If so, I select the old version. Then I deselect the
18 > old version. And when I'm through the list, I can delete everything that is
19 > still selected.
20 >
21 > This is more thorough than eclean, which by far doesn't find everything.
22 > --
23 > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
24 > *** Quits: TITANIC (Excess Flood)
30 Best Regards,