From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:20:01
1 On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:18:00AM -0800, Penguin Lover Grant squawked:
2 > My ISP (Cox) blocks outgoing port 25 so I can't submit mail to my
3 > remote mail server. From what I understand, port 587 is commonly used
4 > to get around this. Can I have postfix listen on port 25 and port
5 > 587? Has anyone set that up?
6
7 I do it slightly differently: I leave an SSH connection from my box to
8 the mail server, which maps some local port to port 25 on the mail
9 server, and send all my mail to the local port.
10
11 HTH,
12
13 W
14 --
15 "`Incidentally,' he said, `what does teleport mean?'
16 Another moment passed.
17 Slowly, the others turned to face him.
18 `Probably the wrong moment to ask,' said Arthur, `It's just
19 I remember you use the word a short while ago and I only
20 bring it up because...'
21 `Where,' said Ford quietly, `does it say teleport?'
22 `Well, just over here in fact,' said Arthur, pointing at a
23 dark control box in the rear of the cabin, `Just under the
24 word "emergency", above the word "system" and beside the
25 sign saying "out of order".'"
26
27 - Arthur finding an escape route from a certain death
28 situation.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 436 days, 15:48
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list