From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:28:17
1 > > My ISP (Cox) blocks outgoing port 25 so I can't submit mail to my
2 > > remote mail server. From what I understand, port 587 is commonly used
3 > > to get around this. Can I have postfix listen on port 25 and port
4 > > 587? Has anyone set that up?
5 >
6 > I do it slightly differently: I leave an SSH connection from my box to
7 > the mail server, which maps some local port to port 25 on the mail
8 > server, and send all my mail to the local port.
9
10 Yeah I think I'll do that if port 587 doesn't work out. From what I
11 understand, using 587 in this way is somewhat of a standard?
12
13 - Grant
16 > HTH,
17 >