From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:51:50
1 Grant wrote:
2 >>> My ISP (Cox) blocks outgoing port 25 so I can't submit mail to my
3 >>> remote mail server. From what I understand, port 587 is commonly used
4 >>> to get around this. Can I have postfix listen on port 25 and port
5 >>> 587? Has anyone set that up?
6 >> I do it slightly differently: I leave an SSH connection from my box to
7 >> the mail server, which maps some local port to port 25 on the mail
8 >> server, and send all my mail to the local port.
9 >
10 > Yeah I think I'll do that if port 587 doesn't work out. From what I
11 > understand, using 587 in this way is somewhat of a standard?
12
13 In your master.cf uncomment the following lines and then restart
14 Postfix. It should just work if you already have TLS setup.
15
16 smtps inet n - n - - smtpd
17 -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
18