From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: want to upgrade 50 month old installation
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:43:37
1 On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2015-08-05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 23:28:25 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> The Gentoo instructions look competent enough to do well for most of the
7 >>> people it's designed for, if only they aren't trying to do as currently
8 >>> I, avoid systemd.
9 >>
10 >> Eh? The Handbook is for an OpenRC install, it's the systemd users that
11 >> have to jump through extra hoops.
12 >
13 > That's a relief. I was panicking for a minute there that somehow
14 > Gentoo had turned on me since that last time I did an install (several
15 > months ago) and was now trying to shove systemd down everybody's
16 > throat.
17
18 Just to humor you I'll include an OpenRC version of my raid1 btrfs
19 install walkthrough. :) It has been a while since I've done one of
20 those...
23 Rich