From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: want to upgrade 50 month old installation
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:19:17
1 On 2015-08-05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 23:28:25 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
3 >
4 >> The Gentoo instructions look competent enough to do well for most of the
5 >> people it's designed for, if only they aren't trying to do as currently
6 >> I, avoid systemd.
7 >
8 > Eh? The Handbook is for an OpenRC install, it's the systemd users that
9 > have to jump through extra hoops.
10
11 That's a relief. I was panicking for a minute there that somehow
12 Gentoo had turned on me since that last time I did an install (several
13 months ago) and was now trying to shove systemd down everybody's
14 throat.
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I can't decide which
18 at WRONG TURN to make first!!
19 gmail.com I wonder if BOB GUCCIONE
20 has these problems!