From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New printer setup - having trouble with CUPS
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:30:42
1 Hi Mark,
2
3 Can you please give more details?
4
5 - Printer model
6 - Driver cups is using
9 Thanks,
10 Norberto
11
12 Mark Knecht wrote:
13 > Hi,
14 > My wife picked up a new printer on the cheap. It's an Epson and
15 > pretty much identical to one on my son's old Fedora system so I am
16 > sure it should work. However so far I cannot get CUPS to make it
17 > print.
18 >
19 > 1) I've plugged it in to a USB port. It's visible using usbview.
20 >
21 > 2) I tried configuring it as a new printer within CUPS. I called it a
22 > USB printer and chose USB Printer #1.
23 >
24 > 3) I picked out the Epson Stylus stuff and CUPS said everythign was cool.
25 >
26 > 4) When I look at printer status I see that the printer is there. It
27 > says the printer is ready to print and its address usb:/dev/usb/lp0.
28 > However when I unplug the USB cable and refresh the browser it doesn't
29 > show as being not ready.
30 >
31 > I tried printing a test page. The print job happens and the system
32 > says it's completed but no test page comes out.
33 >
34 > What obvious thing am I missing about this?
35 >
36 > Thanks,
37 > Mark
40 Norberto Bensa