From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Double nautilus windows for each USB flash drive plugged in
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 08:02:56
1 With Flash drive partitions labeled, the mounting is consistent. I have a
2 git bare repo directory, on each of two flash drives to keep certain
3 directories in sync on three machines. The repos are found consistently by
4 git this method. I don't remember any specific method I used to get this
5 mounting behavior into place, but I have had to specifically set GID for my
6 user account on each machine to keep permissions in line.
7
8 By the way, when I reformatted a drive, I just used the same label, which
9 seemed to work fine. I wonder though whether this system might be defeated
10 by convolutions of various kinds outside my control at a future time.
11
12 Alan
13