From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - I've built my cross-compilation environment; now what?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:53:09
1 I've succeeded in building a cross-compilation environment for an i586
2 on an i686 via crossdev, but I'm unsure how to use it. Can anyone help
3 me? There are no docs for crossdev in /usr/share/doc, no man pages for
4 it that I can find, and no info pages. I looked at the log files
5 crossdev created when I ran it and I see things like this:
6
7 >>> emerge (1 of 1) cross-i586-gnu-linux/gcc-3.4.5-r1 to /
8
9 But when I try to emerge things myself for the environment, emerge
10 doesn't know what I'm talking about:
11
12 camille ~ # emerge cross-i586-gnu-linux/mysql
13 Calculating dependencies
14 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "cross-i586-gnu-linux/mysql".
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list