From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't emerge mozilla-firefox-1.0.6-r2
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:26:23
1 On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:38:06 +0100, neil wrote:
2
3 > > CFLAGS="-march=k8
4 >
5 > I use k8. k8, opteron, etc., etc. are supposed to be synonyms as I
6 > understand it. k8 is the preferred one according to most sources I have
7 > read but, if they are truly synonyms, I'm not sure why one should be
8 > preferred over another.
9
10 Because they may not always be synonyms? In that case, choosing the most
11 generic of the currently synonymous options is least likely to cause
12 breakage later.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 I thought the 10 commandments were multiple choice.