From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge of glibc and gcc fails
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:45:47
1 On 10/28/07, Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 06:04:43 +0200
4 > "Yoav Luft" <yoav.luft@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > hello,
7 > > during an emerge -uDN process, the compilation for gcc-4.2.1 failed,
8 > > as well as for glibc, with same errors.
9 > > I have run revdep-rebuilt, and found out about a broken
10 > > libexpat.so.0thingy, which I solved following the instruction of the
11 > > gentoo irc bot.
12 > > after that, compiling gcc still fails.
13 > >
14 > > insn-emit.c: In function 'gen_leave':
15 > > insn-emit.c:1123: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
16 > > . . .
17 > > I'm clueless about it, but do feel that not being able to updaate gcc
18 > > or glibc is bad, and will probably mean that I will not be able to
19 > > update other things as well.
20 >
21 > Have you done a memtest-86, and waited for a few days, or at least a
22 > few error-free complete passes?
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 I have waited for a few days, and tried different versions of gcc and glibc,
29 all failed.
30 I did had an overheating problem a couple of months ago, right around the
31 time the problem started. So, it could be that the CPU is semi-toasted? How
32 do I run memtest-86? Is there anything else that's worth checking?