From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge of glibc and gcc fails
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:56:34
1 On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 06:04:43 +0200
2 "Yoav Luft" <yoav.luft@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > hello,
5 > during an emerge -uDN process, the compilation for gcc-4.2.1 failed,
6 > as well as for glibc, with same errors.
7 > I have run revdep-rebuilt, and found out about a broken
8 > libexpat.so.0thingy, which I solved following the instruction of the
9 > gentoo irc bot.
10 > after that, compiling gcc still fails.
11 >
12 > insn-emit.c: In function 'gen_leave':
13 > insn-emit.c:1123: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
15 > I'm clueless about it, but do feel that not being able to updaate gcc
16 > or glibc is bad, and will probably mean that I will not be able to
17 > update other things as well.
18
19 Have you done a memtest-86, and waited for a few days, or at least a
20 few error-free complete passes?
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list