From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: nouveau-drm compile failure
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 15:59:05
1 On 05/21/2010 04:42 PM, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I can now start X via the
4 > nouveau driver. The only problem I see in Xorg.0.log is:
5 >
6 > (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed
7 > (/usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No
8 > such file or directory)
9 > (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
10
11 According to the freedesktop.org documentation, AIGLX has to do with
12 3D acceleration and is still under development, not supported for use
13 by the general public. They recommend for users of 2D acceleration
14 to put this in xorg.conf to get rid of the error message:
15
16 Section "ServerLayout"
17 Identifier "X.org Configured"
18 Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
19 Option "AIGLX" "false" <--------
20
21 If you want to try 3D accel at your own risk, they say, you need to run
22 their latest development libraries from git. I don't do that, so I don't
23 know if the gentoo packages include that stuff. Maybe someone else knows?