From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nouveau-drm compile failure
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 20:43:17
1 >> I can now start X via the
2 >> nouveau driver.  The only problem I see in Xorg.0.log is:
3 >>
4 >> (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed
5 >> (/usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No
6 >> such file or directory)
7 >> (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
8 >
9 > According to the freedesktop.org documentation, AIGLX has to do with
10 > 3D acceleration and is still under development, not supported for use
11 > by the general public.  They recommend for users of 2D acceleration
12 > to put this in xorg.conf to get rid of the error message:
13 >
14 > Section "ServerLayout"
15 >    Identifier     "X.org Configured"
16 >    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
17 >    Option         "AIGLX"        "false"   <--------
18 >
19 > If you want to try 3D accel at your own risk, they say, you need to run
20 > their latest development libraries from git.  I don't do that, so I don't
21 > know if the gentoo packages include that stuff.  Maybe someone else knows?
22
23 Thanks Walt. I don't need 3D so if that's what the error refers to I
24 won't worry about it. The system is running great on Nouveau now.
25
26 - Grant