From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Dynamic DNS using Gentoo
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:18:49
1 Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
2
3 > I currently have a DSL connection with a fixed IP using a DSL router,
4 > with an internal network of 4 computers with private DHCP IPs
5
6 > 2. Which is the best dynamic DNS client available in Gentoo, taking
7 > into accout that it must be able to discover the DSL router's
8 > dynamically assigned IP and connect with the chosen provider?
9
10 Well, I think, this could be easy done by your broadband soho router.
11 Most of them have already support for all common dyndns providers...
12
13 I'm facing the opposite problem: I have gentoo-server with bind running
14 (with static IP, outside of my home network) and I'm looking for the way
15 my home router (asus wl500g) with dyn-ip could use it as dyddns instead
16 of dyndns.org...
17
18 Jarry
19 --