From: Fernando Rodriguez <cyklonite@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume says "invalid resume list".
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 15:28:07
1 On 06/22/2016 09:39 AM, Dan Douglas wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:39:42 -0500, Dan Douglas wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Is something misconfigured on my end or is this just a long-standing
6 >>> bug? I at least need a way to either recover the list of packages
7 >>> manually or force portage to continue on because any failure prevents
8 >>> updating a system.
9 >>
10 >> Have you tried the --keep-going option? It causes emerge to automatically
11 >> continue with what it can after a failed build.
12 >
13 > --keep-going is in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS so the problem is only when
14 > that fails for whatever reason, --resume (with or without
15 > --skip-first) always fails too. Usually a package that I already know
16 > is broken and am working on but is already installed wants to be
17 > rebuilt will trigger this. The problem is portage doesn't seem to care
18 > whether any packages in the current resume list actually depend on the
19 > failing package and this can prevent important installations from
20 > finishing.
23 I've had the exact same thing happen a couple of times recently and got around it
24 by running the original command but adding the failed package to the --exclude
25 list. AFAIU (I maybe wrong) the result of both commands should be the same so it
26 sounds like a bug to me.